Tuesday, July 3, 2012

POAS

Phillip and I, along with my son and my mother in law, made the 8 hour drive to Olive Branch, MS to visit my sister in laws family for her 40th birthday. This mini vacation was needed in the midst of our IVF journey.  It's been a long and trying adventure full of ups and downs, highs and lows, but through all of it I've realized just how good God can be.

During my two week wait, I've been positive and prayed fervently, I've had my doubts and thought all was lost, and I've had those moments, that truly are without words when God speaks so softly to your heart that you have to be really still and listen.  It's been about blocking out the negative when it creeps up and believing that God gives us all the desires of our hearts.  Each day that passed, I tried to remain steadfast and speak as if I knew I was already pregnant, because speaking otherwise would be as if I didn't believe God would answer so many prayers. But he does.

On Friday, June 29 at 3:55am, I climbed out of bed in the dark of the night and fumbled around for the box that contained two tests that could change our lives forever. Pulling out one of tests was like the key to my future. My hand trembled as I tried to pee on it. I could hardly hold it still enough to put the cap back on it. I set it on the counter and waited with baited breath.  I stared at it for no more than 30 seconds when I saw this....


I couldn't believe it. I was pregnant! With possibily twins! It was such an overwhelming feeling. It didn't quite register with Phillip when I finally went back to bed. He just kept repeating, "really? Are you sure?" Though it was pitch black in our room, I could feel the smile on his face. We are finally going to be parents. We're finally getting our miracles.

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you! Praying there are twins!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl! We're praying for twins too. My mother in law, who is very gifted in hearing from the Lord, gave us a verse in the bible that said we were going to "inherit a double portion", which we took as meaning twins. At first my husband wasn't quite excited as I was, but now, he's thrilled.

    I hope you get to join me soon! Are you doing a frozen cycle?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great. How cool. I am hoping to join you also. We are planning on doing a FET in August. Transfer should be August 6th. Praying for some sticky beans! :)

    ReplyDelete