Thursday, June 21, 2012

I'm believing...

Yesterday, we had two beautiful embryos implanted in my uterus. Arriving at the doctor's office, reclining back in the oh-so wonderful stirruped table, I'm handed a picture of two of the most beautiful group of cells, that with the help of science and God, will grow to be my children. As of today, I'm officially PUPO! For those outside the world of IVF, that means, pregnant until proven otherwise. For the rest of us...it means the ending of one phase and the beginning of a whole new exciting world of possibilities and...(pause for effect) WAITING. The ten days between when you have your beautiful embryos implanted and when you have your beta done to tell you whether or not, your hardwork, science and the miracles of God have truly worked.  It's not an easy ten days. It's mostly filled with watching the clock, analyzing every twitch, twinge, craving, smell and sign that your are indeed pregnant.  You can truly drive yourself crazy thinking about the possibilities, the what-if this, and what-if thats. However, this time, in my opinion, is best spent praying.

Phillip and I have been praying for these children for last four years and here it is, a real possibility.  I study these group of cells, each one being completely unique of the other.  I imagine what they will look like, how they will act, behave and see the world.  But mainly, I want them to know how much they were wanted.  These two beings are life. A life that my husband and I created together. Before it seemed impossible. The odds stacked against us, but now I have evidence to the contrary. They've fought to make it this far, I'm believing that they will continue to fight to come into this world as children of God.

These two uniquely created beings grow inside me, but its most than just nutrients and blood they receive. They've already received prayer and dedication to God. We've prayed for these babies for the months, weeks, and hours leading up to this moment where I can see that their lives are real.  And if God willing, will be introduced into the world in nine months. What a blessing it is! 

No comments:

Post a Comment